This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners in compliance with the EU Government Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25th May 2018.
The term “Emily Mortimer Jewellery”, “our” or “we” refers to this website, the company and its owners. The term “you” or “your” refers to the customer, subscriber or visitor of our website.
- fairly and lawfully processed;
- processed for limited purpose;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- accurate and up to date;
- not kept for longer than is necessary;
- processed in line with your rights;
- secure; and
- not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
Types of Personal Data we Collect:
Emily Mortimer Jewellery Ltd may collect the following information about you:
- your name
- Your ring size/measurements
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail address
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on our website;
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card type;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences and feedback;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Emily Mortimer Jewellery; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How Emily Mortimer Jewellery Ltd Uses Your Personal Data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- to enable Emily Mortimer Jewellery Ltd to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
How we Collect Personal Data
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal data (full name and email address). Emily Mortimer Jewellery Ltd uses this personal data for electronic marketing purposes only (with your consent) and may send you e-newsletters to update you on our new products, events and offers. We aim to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
With your permission on purchasing a piece of Emily Mortimer Jewellery at a retail or wholesale event we take your full name, postal address and email address for accounting and guarantee purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by changing marketing preferences via our e-newsletter, making use of the simple 'unsubscribe' link in our e-newsletters or contacting Emily Mortimer Jewellery via the contact channels set out in our e-newsletter or website.
Emily Mortimer Jewellery is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure and takes all necessary and reasonable steps to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided.
- Emily Mortimer Jewellery Ltd uses third party payment processors Worldpay and PayPal to process payments for products and services via the Website. We also use Izettle at retail and wholesale events.
- All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards and your billing information is encrypted before being communicated to them. Subject to the below exceptions, your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors. Emily Mortimer Jewellery never sees your full account number or card details.
- Our payment providers automatically store separately the last 4 digits and card type so that we can identify transactions made by a particular card and issue refunds.
- Emily Mortimer Jewellery Ltd website maintains a PCI DSS Security Compliance Certificate, keeping up with the latest security requirements and a robust payment card data security process, including prevention, detection and appropriate reaction to security incidents.
We will take all reasonable care to keep your order secure, but in the absence of our sole negligence we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any of your data, including credit card details that you have provided.
Although Emily Mortimer Jewellery Ltd only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text/ banner/ image links to other websites.)
Emily Mortimer Jewellery Ltd cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Emily Mortimer Jewellery Ltd only shares personal data to our service providers to help offer a better service for you. Aside from our service providers, Emily Mortimer Jewellery will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
Access to your Personal Information
Under GDPR, you are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold.
You have the following right to enquire what personal data we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10), to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.